Wärtsilä Fixed Pitch Propellers
Wärtsilä Fixed Pitch Propellers are recommended when optimal efficiency, reliability, and robustness is required.
The propellers are custom designed for each ship, and the hydrodynamic design is based on Wärtsilä’s extensive experience, as well as co-operation with research institutes, full scale measurements and simulations using Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD).
The propeller diameters vary from 1 to 12 meters, and can be produced with any required number of blades.
Fitting a nozzle increases the thrust at relatively low ship speeds. Significant savings can be achieved in terms of fuel consumption, depending on the number of revolutions and the capacity of the motor.
The improved Wärtsilä high efficiency nozzle, type HR an HP, combined with a Wärtsilä propeller, can produce up to 10% more thrust than conventional nozzles, both in bollard pull and in free sailing condition. The nozzle profile offers a double profiled cross section (outside and innerside). This sophisticated shape improves the water flow both into and out of the nozzle, increasing thrust performance.
- Availability maximized with class approved PCMS PDF, 199Kb »
- PCMS Helps Avoid Problems and Can Cut Lifecycle Costs PDF, 209Kb »
- Propulsion Condition Monitoring Service (PCMS) PDF, 346Kb »
- Shaping the future of propulsion technology PDF, 358Kb »
- Ship propulsion train efficiency sensing PDF, 225Kb »
- Towards high performance pitch control PDF, 598Kb »
- Expanding in China to meet the future demand (in propulsion business) PDF, 194Kb »
The combined purse seiner and trawler 'Libas', delivered 2004, is a Wärtsilä Ship Design and is fitted with one Wärtsilä 12V32 main engine driving a gearbox with 1500 kW PTO/PTI, a booster and generator. »
Designed by Wärtsilä Ship Design and delivered in 2009, the AHTS ‘Siem Pearl’ features Wärtsilä’s Low Loss Concept and two Wärtsilä 16V32 engines, two gearboxes and two controllable pitch propellers. »
For the 16400 dwt chemical tanker ‘Sten Idun’, delivered in 2003, Wärtsilä is supplying an extensive machinery package that includes a Wärtsilä 6L46 main engine, gearbox, controllable pitch propeller and rudder. »