About Wärtsilä in the United States
Wärtsilä North America, Inc. and Wärtsilä Defense, Inc. are a wholly owned subsidiary of Wärtsilä Corporation.
Wärtsilä is a global leader in complete lifecycle power solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising technological innovation and total efficiency, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. The company has operations in 160 locations in 70 countries around the world and is listed on the NASDAQ OMX Helsinki, Finland.
Wärtsilä in the United States
Wärtsilä North America, Inc.
- Leading supplier of flexible power plants for the decentralised power generation market. We offer solutions for baseload power generation, grid stability & peaking, industrial self-generation as well as for the oil and gas industry.
- Wärtsilä supports its customers throughout the lifecycle of their installations by optimizing efficiency and performance. We provide the broadest portfolio and best services in the industry for both ship power and power plants. We offer expertise, proximity and responsiveness for all customers regardless of their equipment make in the most environmentally sound way.
- Leading provider of ship power solutions including engines, generating sets, reduction gears, propulsion equipment, automation and power distribution systems as well as sealing solutions for the marine industry.
Wärtsilä Defense, Inc.
- A leading solutions provider for US Government vessels, specializing in propulsion solutions
- A primary supplier of shaft seals to most vessels in the US Navy, USCG and MSC
- A leading propeller repair facility for the US Navy
- Water jet propulsion systems power major Navy littoral ship building programs
- Conventional propulsion shaft lines support Navy supply and sea-basing programs